THE COOL KIDS x DON CANNON

I slept on this mixtape release a little bit and I was warned before I heard it that there was a whole lot of "CANNON!!" through all the tracks. Now I've finally heard it and my goodness, Don Cannon's constant name plugging really takes away from the music. Although I guess that could be said for almost any song that Don Cannon has anything to do with the production of, so I can't be mad at the Cool Kids. Even so, I had a hard time getting into some of the songs, completely unlike The Bake Sale EP. . ah well, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for When Fish Ride Bicycles.




I love Jahda's relaxed, laid back flow on this.

I find a lot of female rapper's feel like they have something to prove as a chick in the game so they rap a lot harder and more in your face than they need to.. Kind of reminds me of that scene in Notorious when Biggie tells Lil Kim to switch up her flow when she's wearing that hoochie suspenders-without-a-shirt-on ensemble... ya smell me?

Nuff bout Jahda though cuz it's all about THE COOL KIDS!

0 comments:

Post a Comment